Software Coordinating Committee Conference Call I/O Subcomittee April 24, 2003 3:00 PM EDT Recorder: C. DeTar Present: Brower, Edwards, DeTar, Osborn, Petrov, Simone, Holmgren, Mendes, Neff, Mawhinney Absent: Hetrick, Watson, Pochinsky, Richards, Jung, Gregory, Genser ** Action items ===================================================================== Agenda: 1.) Current status of QDP IO Design/Implementation. ** Brower: I am asking Kostya to look over the present QIO proposal to be sure it will be OK for the QCDOC. DeTar: Described the present vertical slice for Kostya Edwards: I have the DIME portion working and integrated QIO into QDP++ It works fine. DeTar: James Osborn has likewise integrated QIO into QDP/C. Simone: As for XML I sent around a draft API proposal and use case scenario earlier today. Lists/arrays were a particular complication which I dealt with. ** Edwards, DeTar: We will look at it. 2.) Plan for ILDG meeting on Friday May 4: Remote presentation by a few slides on SciDAC proposal for file formats, data archieving etc. (Volunteers: Edwards, DeTar ????) ** Brower: Edwards to present some slides on QIO for ILDG. Will coordinate with the rest of the QIO subcommittee. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Plenary conference concluded at 3:45 PM EDT. Next plenary call May 1 at 3 PM EDT.